Events in Kanata North
Stay informed with the latest business networking events around Ottawa! If you know of a local or industry event taking place in Ottawa that you'd like to see featured on our website, please let us know.
AmbiSHEous StartupSelf™ Workshop
November 19 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00am, repeating until November 21, 2018
Don’t miss this game-changing opportunity!
Free AmbiSHEous™ StartupSelf™ Workshop for Girls in Grades 7-10 in Ottawa. Sessions fill up fast so apply Now!
We’re changing the game for girls.
Our ambiSHEous™ StartUp Self™ Sessions cover the real-life stuff girls won’t learn in school but need to know to reach their goals. We show girls how to become whatever and whoever they want to be.
From making and managing money to politics and social change – get the knowledge, skills, and confidence you need to step forward, navigate and succeed. Learn first hand how to turn your ideas into action by collaborating to develop and pitch a small business or social venture. By combining entrepreneurship training, civics, and leadership development ambiSHEous™ empowers your future in a seriously useful way.
Ambition is welcome. No previous experience or special skills required.
THE STARTUP SELF™ WORKSHOP SCHEDULE:
Monday, November 19: 6:00-8:00 pm
- Icebreaker Evening
Tuesday, November 20: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Fuel Your Future: Learn why money matters, how to make it work for you, and what it means to exchange value.
- Building Blocks: Unpack business basics – spot profit – and learn how to build influence and shape positive change.
- Brainstorm: Explore the difference between a bright idea and a good business opportunity.
Wednesday, November 21: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Study the Money: Discover the tools you need to develop, plan, and pitch your business or social venture.
- Brand Building: Use creativity and marketing smarts to bring your new venture to life visually.
- Launch & Grow: Learn why purpose matters as much as profit, and what it really takes grow.
Wednesday, November 21, 2018 – 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Visit the website for more details and to register!