The Mission of the Kanata North Business Association is to advocate for and create an environment for business success by facilitating connections, awareness and community pride to be a place where people want to work.
The Vision is to be the best place in Canada for technology companies to grow, prosper and thrive
We are committed to helping our technology sector grow and prosper through close collaboration and targeted promotion of the area. In order to achieve this goal, we have a multi-faceted approach that continues to evolve with our member’s feedback.
We focus our efforts on initiates that are grounded in our Mission Pillars:
- Sector Growth (Technology Employment)
- Infrastructure and Ecosytem Improvement
- Partnership and government support.
In 2017, these initiatives include:
- Marketing and Promotions of Canada’s largest Technology Park, our companies, and specifically our #SeriousTechLivesHere campaign.
- Networking and Educational Opportunities such as TEDxKanata, Discover TechNATA, International Tour & Dinner Event, Startup Open House, 2017 Ottawa Autonomous Vehicle Summit, etc.
- CEO Advisory Council
- HR Leaders Council
- Quarterly publication of The Kanata Networker digital magazine
- Community Hub Summer time Activities including Tuesday Yoga, Wednesday Lunch Parks, Thursday Food Trucks and Frozen Fridays
- Ongoing Business retention and expansion activities
- Advocacy on issues of concern such as public transportation, infrastructure improvements, ecosystem growth and support.
- Banner program throughout the park
If you want to get involved or make your opinions known on these issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-254-8778