Business Retention & Expansion
Our Business retention and expansion work is a Kanata North based economic development program with a focus on supporting our existing businesses. This is a systematic approach to develop strategies to support businesses, retain and create new jobs and opportunities. The goal is to ensure companies stay, grow and prosper in Kanata North.
- Build and improve relations with existing businesses
- Build capacity within the community and strengthen relationships between organizations
- Identify the positive and challenging attributes of the community as a place to do business
- Identify and address immediate concerns and issues of individual businesses
- Collect business and market data to support economic development planning
- Increase the competitiveness of existing businesses
- Enable business development, investment and job creation
- Foster and enhance the environment for business development
In February 2016, we published the Kanata North Technology Ecosystem Report. This report is the results of a rigorous Economic Impact Analysis Study and Market Gap Analysis undertaken for the Kanata North business area. This work laid the foundation for understanding who and what is happening in Canada’s largest Technology Park.